Wednesday, April 29, 2009

An Update

We went in for our anatomy scan yesterday at the perinatal clinic and the baby is doing great. They said that everything looks fine and they didn't see anything wrong with her. It was quite amazing that we could see so much detail. We took my dad with us and I think he really enjoyed it and got to ask some questions. The Dr came in to have a look after the tech got done and he noticed that I have marginal placenta previa. It means that my placenta is at the edge of my cervix. He said that it can fix itself and other times it doesn't. If it doesn't it can cause bleeding and I would have to have a c-section to deliver her. They want to keep an eye on me so I have to go back for a check up. I am going to see my regualar Dr. tomorrow so I will get more information and some questions answered. I was very nervous going into the scan and am very happy that the baby is doing great and even though this other issue has come up I'm going to try not to stress about it. I am having lots of back pain which seems to be getting worse as time progresses. Sometimes its not so bad and other times I walk bent over because it is so painful. The joys of being pregnant :-) I just can't wait to meet her.
We have ordered her crib, dresser, and stroller last weekend. The crib was bought by my parents, dresser by Cindy and Arlan, and stroller by Kit so we are very greatful for all these wonderful gifts. The furniture will be here in 4-6 weeks which gives us time to paint the room. The stroller is on back order until July which works out perfect.
She is jumping around more and more everyday. Its funny because everytime I feel her it's like a surprise and brings a smile to my face. It can get a little hard to concentrate with her jumping around. I can't wait for Justin to feel her.
I'll keep you all updated on my progress.
Until next time......

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was both wonderful and facinating at the same time. I have the scan pictures up on my office wall at work along with all the other family photos. It seems strange having a photo of our first grandchild and knowing her name before she is even born! Your mom and I are so looking forward to being grandparents... can't wait! Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete