Monday, June 28, 2010

No Helmet!!!!


Justin and I took Jordyn into Children's Hospital Oakland Neurosurgery to be evaluated and see if she needs a helmet. We sat through a presentation with 4 other families and then were met with on a one on one basis. We first met with the Nurse Practitioner and we told her all about Jordyn's medical history. She looked her over and her opinion was that she was a mild case and doesn't need a helmet. She also wanted to see what the Physician's Assistant thought. They both reviewed her MRI and CT scan and both agreed that is isn't necessary. I told her my fears of Jordyn being made fun of when she is older and they said by the time she is at that age you won't be able to tell. It may never be absolutely perfect but that nobody's head is perfect. They said that her head will round out since she is spending less time on her back and they really felt it wouldn't be a problem. They deal with this daily and so I am quite happy with the result. On our way out we got to see the images from the MRI and I snapped a picture on my phone so that I could share it.
We are now looking forward to spending the weekend in Tahoe with Justin's family. We will take lots of pictures and share them when we return.
I just want to thank everyone for all of your love and support over the past months. It really means a lot to us.
Lots of Love
The Houser's

No comments:

Post a Comment