Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day at the Oakland Zoo

I found out that I have some of my paid family leave left and decided to take some a week off in July and one in August to spend it with little goose. On Thursday Katherine and I took Hunter and Jordyn to the Oakland Zoo. We spent the day wondering around and looking at the animals, we went to the petting zoo, had a picnic on the big field, and took a ride on the train around the zoo. We had an absolute blast spending time with the kids and watching them interact. Since Jordyn is at my mom's she doesn't spend lots of time with other kids apart from when they go to story time. I am so grateful of her being with my mom because she is such a heathly kid and never seems to get sick (knock on wood). Jordyn loves Hunter and they have so much fun playing with each other and it is good for them. We took them into the petting zoo and little goose was just laughing soooo hard that people around her were laughing too, she loved the goats making noises at her. Hunter wasn't as excited at Jordyn and cried when they went near him. I am so excited because Katherine was able to switch her days around and she will now have Friday off so we can get together on a regular basis. It is not just good for the kids but it is good for us too. We can now start planning different activities for us to do with the kids. Here are some pictures from our lovely day out at the zoo.
Her first train ride

with Hunter and Katherine

At the petting zoo

Picnic time

Play time with Hunter

Mommy and me

Waiting to see the animals

No comments:

Post a Comment